Monday, January 13, 2014

The Scale

The relationship I have with my bathroom scale at best could be defined as odd.  I step on the scale - and I feel better about myself. - or I feel worse about myself.  It is a number that has the power to grab hold of my self worth and shake me to the core.  Additionally, if it's a number that I'm happy with - I will use it to say "Ah!  I can eat more."  Turning it into a trap.  And it's a trap I think that has been hindering the very thing I'm trying to measure.  My weight loss.

So this is one of the things that I'm trying to make healthy.  My relationship with the scale. 
The scale does not tell me who I am.
The scale does not determine my value.

It is more important that I chose to eat healthy foods.  It is more important that I exercise.  It is more important that I find my value in the fact that I am a Child of God.  It is more important that I listen to my husband when he tells me I'm beautiful.

The scale will no longer win.

No comments:

Post a Comment