1. I grew up predominately in a suburb of Houston, Texas - and as much as Houston is a prime example of urban sprawl - I love it and it will always be home.
2. After majoring in theology for my undergraduate degree, I felt God calling me to medicine. So I applied to 20+ physician associate programs and shocked myself when I was accepted to the Yale Physician Associate program. I graduated from the program in February of 2011.
5. Speaking of going to Kenya, it brings up the fact that I love to travel - internationally, nationally, 30 minutes down the road - I love the new adventures that come with visiting an unknown place!
6. Internationally, I've visited England (I studied in London for 6 months), The Netherlands, Germany, Kenya, and Japan!
7. I met my husband on eHarmony!
8. After talking via email and the phone for 3 weeks, we dated in Connecticut for a month. I then went to Kenya. While I was there, he moved to Hawaii, where he served on the USS Columbus, a fast attack submarine.
9. For a myriad of reasons, we ended up eloping in Hawaii. I never thought I would be one to elope, but it was the right decision for us! And the bonus of it all is that I have beautiful wedding pics on the beach in Hawaii.
14. I think my favorite endurance sport to train for is the triathlon because of the variety. Every now and again I have a hair brained idea that I'd like to do an Ironman someday.
15. Right about the time I decided that I'd like to do an Ironman, I also decide that someday I want to qualify for Boston. I will need serious work before that happens.
16. I love love love to play the piano. And for the first time in years I actually have one in my house.
17. Cooking is stress relief for me. Inevitably I end up trying new recipes out on friends, always with the caviate that if it tastes terrible we can order pizza. Luckily that has not happened yet.
18. I want a dog. Terribly. Which means that I spend significant amounts of time on Petfinder.
19. Almost a year ago we moved to Groton, CT. I'm trying to remember how to run in the cold - and what it's like to have seriously shorter days in the winter.
20. What I love about Connecticut is that we actually have seasons. I love autumn and spring - and I love a day or two of winter. But I'm ready for spring now.
21. One of the most romantic things my husband has done recently is taken me driving in the snow. Let me rephrase, he forced me to drive in the snow. Little Texas girl was having anxiety, and he was super patient with me as I drove 5 minutes per hour. It was actually wildly romantic. Although it doesn't necessarily sound that way at first blush.
22. Last night he set his alarm for midnight so that he could wish me happy birthday immediately when it became my birthday. That was pretty romantic too.
23. My favorite restaurant is Roy's. Especially the one in Ko'olina Hawaii. The edemame and seared Ahi, and chocolate souffle, and the pineapple martini... so delicious.
24. Red wine is a favorite of mine. My current favorite bottle is the Petite Syrah by Bogel Vineyards.
25. I've been known to binge watch TV series on Netflix... most recently - House of Cards, Call the Midwife, and a couple of seasons of Bones.
26. When I'm not running, I love to work out at a Zumba class! I'm sure I just look like a bunch of limbs flailing in the air - but I sure have fun doing it!
27. My favorite kitchen appliance is my Kitchen Aid mixer.
28. I have a secret obsession with cooking TV shows, cook books, and cooking magazines.
29. Favorite band - Mumford and Sons
30. I am day by day learning what it means to be a child of Christ. And I pray that this quote is true in my life:
"My job...is to first just love people and gain that trust with people where they know that I really do love them and care about their well-being, so that when they are running into problems, they will hopefully, at some point, come to me and ask me, “What is your peace all about? What is your comfort all about? Where do you get your love? Where do you get your talents? And I can turn to them and say without blinking, “Jesus Christ.”" - Zachary Levi